Thursday, October 05, 2006

New UI


Hi,
here's a sneak preview of the new UI. I think it's a lot more user friendly now. I also started to work on the helpfile. Perhaps I can do some tutorials as well. For example for this small scene. There are still a lot things that could be better. One thing is that there are too many cells that are tagged as empty although they aren't. You can see it in the following image very well. There are small black holes. I am thinking about implementing a "safetyborder" around the tagged cells. One switch this on and it would raymarch this borderzone as well. The rendertimes would be increased but if the holes are gone then, that would be ok.
This feature wouldn't go into the first "public beta", but I am thinking about this.

Best regards,
Dieter

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Keywords: levelset, implicit surface, Isosurface, VRay, 3dsmax, raytracing